I am pretty lucky that I don’t mind cleaning, and dare I say it, I do enjoy it on the whole but one of the things I really dislike cleaning is the bath or shower, no matter how much cleaning they never seem to be totally clean. My top tips for today are things I have learned to make the job easier.
- Clean the bath or shower after it has been used. The heat and steam generated by having a bath or shower makes it easier for the dirt to come away from the surface, whether it is the bath or shower screen.
- Use a window squeegee to remove water from tiles and shower screens, this helps to leave a sparkling finish with no watermarks.
- Old toothbrushes are brilliant for hard to reach areas such as the shower door runners, around taps, the shower hose and showerhead.
- Remove the showerhead and soak it in a solution of white vinegar to remove limescale.
- Clean the plughole after every use of the shower or bath, this will stop any hair or other matter from building up and blocking the drain.
Do you have any tips for cleaning the bath or shower? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!