Summer is upon us and with that comes a ready supply of fresh fruit, vegetables, and salad. Today’s recipe for a vegan pea, tomato, and courgette quiche is perfect for a light lunch accompanied by your favorite salad and followed by a fresh fruit salad.
- Ready rolled pastry
- 150g Peas frozen or fresh
- 225g Violife Spreadable Cheese
- 100g Plain Tofu
- 125ml unsweetened soya milk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large courgette thinly sliced
- 1 onion cut into thin rings
- 6 salad tomatoes cut into small pieces
- Herbs and garlic to season
- Follow the directions for the ready rolled pastry, lining a flan tray and blind baking in the oven according to the instructions given on the packet.
- Blanch the peas in boiling water for a few minutes to soften and then drain and put to one side.
- Soften the onion rings in a pan with a little water to soften.
- Add the courgette to the pan, let that soften for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix vegan cream cheese, herbs, garlic, tofu, soya milk, mustard, salt, and pepper until combined before adding the peas and folding them into the mixture gently.
- Once the quiche base has been blind baked remove from the oven and place the courgette, onion, and tomato evenly across the base.
- Carefully add the tofu mixture over the vegetables and flatten evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for around 35 minutes before checking that the center is firm, if needed return to the oven and check every few minutes.
Once cooked you can either eat it warm or wait until it is cooled and serve with salad.