I decided at the beginning of the year that I would not make any Resolutions or yearly goals but, rather, make monthly ones that were more easily obtainable, you can find all my Monthly Goal posts here.
Today I am looking at the goals I set myself last month and whether I achieved them and setting myself goals for May.
Here are last month’s goals and whether I managed them!
Blog and Social Media
- Update my Media Kit. I didn’t get around to doing this as I underestimated how much of my time would be taken up with the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge but I’m hoping to get this done by the end of April.
- Social media content. I started to post regularly to Instagram but only seemed to get people who would follow my account and then unfollow a few days later or accounts that were advertising food and drink supplements or diet pills which was really disheartening. It did get me thinking about things I could post to my account though and where I want to go with the whole social media thing in general. At the moment I’m not really that bothered about it but I do have some ideas in the pipeline for things that will be published specifically for Instagram and Twitter only.
- Make a start on the garden. I have managed to get some bramble clearing and weeding underway and have made a start in digging over the patch that I want to get some veg and flowers growing in. It’s a long process as I have lots of ivy and bramble roots to remove from the soil that is packed with stones and bits of broken glass and pottery.
- Decorate the Spare Room and Kitchen. I didn’t decorate the spare room as I’m still undecided on the colour I want to go for and I’ve yet to finish painting the kitchen but, I did paint my bedroom which I had wanted to do for a while so I’d say this is a goal of sorts achieved!
- Buy a new bookcase for the spare room. I’ve not bought a new bookcase yet as I still haven’t decided on a colour for the room yet and have not painted. I thought it wasn’t worth buying a bookcase and putting it up if I’m going to then have to move it in order to decorate the room so this goal has been placed on the back burner for the time being.
Art, Craft, Hobbies, and Interests
- Make invites for my next Mind Crafternoon event. I haven’t made any invites yet but I have been looking for inspiration and ideas for the invites. I have been thinking about tying in the design with some of the activities I may be doing for the event and once I have the event activities all planned then I can make the invites. I have a few ideas of things I want to do on the day so it is just a case of finalising them and then taking my ideas and putting them on paper!
- Create a few Scrapbook pages. Another thing I didnt manage because I was so absorbed in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge…maybe this month though? It would be ideal for me to combine this activity with making my Crafternoon invites!
- Blogging from A to Z Challenge I am pleased to say that I managed to complete the challenge on time and in the correct order with all posts going out on the correct day and I’m super proud of this achievement even though other goals I set myself this month fell to the wayside because of this.
Goals for May
Blog and Social Media
- Update Media Kit. This is something I am determined to do this month as it has been on my list for the last few months and it would be nice to actually get it updated and off the list!
- Check all backlinks and make sure that they are all working as they should and also check categories and tags on my blog, making sure that all posts have a correct category assigned to them and that the tags are all relevant and present.
- Work on Blog Awards. I have been kindly gifted a few different awards in the last month which I want to work on and share with you this month.
- I’m thinking of introducing a few new elements to my blog so I want to work on graphics for these things and introduction posts for them.
- Paint the spare room. I have got a few different paint books now and have a few different colors picked out that I would like to get my friends opinion on before I make the purchase and start painting but hopefully, this will be done in May.
- Wash all bedding and towels. I wash my towels altogether and bedding gets washed when I change it over but I have been drying my things in the house all winter and then putting it away. At the beginning of spring, when I can get everything dried on the line I like to wash everything and then dry it on the line and then put it away. Everything seems to retain a fresh smell and feel when it has been dried outside. I also like to take this time to check if anything needs mending or replacing too.
- Sort clothing. We are fast moving from cold weather into warmer weather and summer is not too far off so this month I would like to start to pack away some of my winter clothing and start bringing into rotation some of my summer clothes.
Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, and Interests
- Plant up peas and beans. I have set aside some of my flower bed to try and grow some peas and beans this year so I really need to get out and finish sorting the bed before I plant things but I feel that this should be done sooner rather than later as I don’t want to miss the planting season.
- Rhubarb, Gooseberry and Hydranga. I have these plants already in my garden, I bought the rhubarb from the local garden centre, the gooseberry bush is in a pot in the garden and was there when I moved in and the hydranga was given to me by my brother from his garden. All of these really need to be in the soil soon. I think the gooseberry and hydranga are pot bound though I’m hoping that by planting them directly into the soil they will start to flourish.
- Set up Bullet Journal for June. I set up a bullet journal for my blog as I just didn’t have the space in my blog planner that I needed. I am using it for this month and am finding that it gives me a lot more flexibility and space to organise everything so now I need to set up for June and July. So far I am happy with the layout I chose so will probably stick with it for at least june before making any layout tweaks that may be needed.
- Read a book. In work we have a small bookshelf where people can bring any books that they have read for others to take and read too. There isn’t usually much there which I would read, but, when making myself a coffee the other day I spotted a Mandasue Heller book called Two-Faced which I picked up. I have read a few books by her and have really enjoyed them so this should be an enjoyable and attainable goal this month!
- Give myself a manicure and pedicure. I haven’t been looking after my hands as well as I should, digging in the garden has left them in a bit of a state, and my feet have either been in wellies, shoes or slippers all winter so hae barely been given any attention so I think that both my hands and feet deserve some pampering.
- Work on my book. I have not been working on my book notes as much as I have wanted and this last month I have not picked up my notes at all so I really want to get back into the habbit of working on it each week and maybe I’ll actually get a rough draft written up before the end of the year!
That’s all my goals for the month! What goals do you have for May? I’d love to hear what your plans and ideas are in the comments!